Monday, February 2, 2009

Mosque "Baitul Ihsan" Photo Contest

This contest was held in 2004, and it was internal photo contest. Why was it internal? It was Masjid Baitul Ihsan, Bank Indonesia’s mosque located in Jakarta Indonesia, needed some pictures that would be used for its publications. The contest was intended to find pictures suitable with it need and the participants were limited to Bank Indonesia employees only.

At the time the contest was announced I had no idea what kind of pictures that might be suitable. So, in one weekend before the contest deadline, I went to Baitul Ihsan along with my wife and daughters trying to figure out. I walked around the mosque, inside and outside and somehow the ideas about the pictures and the theme flowed like water.
These pictures I put here were among selected pictures by the Juries. Well, although it was just an internal photo contests with limited participants, still, I could be proud of. (one of these pictures later on was accepted in Salon Foto Indonesia, a national class photo competition).

"Learning to Recite Al Qur'an"



"Love of a Mother"


"Get Ready for Praying"


"the Reflection"


No comments: